Skip to main content

Navigational Bronchoscopy

I spoke with Dr Al-Saghir's office yesterday and she wants me to go in for a Navigational Bronchoscopy.

Navigational bronchoscopy is a technology which combines electromagnetic navigation with real-time 3D CT images, enabling doctors to biopsy and treat masses in these distant regions of the lungs. Before undergoing a navigational bronchoscopy procedure, a CT scan is performed to locate potential tumors in the lung.

I'm supposed to get a call "by the end of the week" to schedule it.  I was hoping that I could h\get in this Friday, but that seems unlikely now.  The pulmonologist who will do the procedure is Dr Muhammed Muhammed.at Aurora Health Care's Grafton hospital.  I like that he has a UW connection.

I'm anxious to get this done.  It's like the sword of Damocles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CT Result

This is what is written in my medical record on the Aurora Health Care website: Study Result Impression IMPRESSION:  1. CT scan of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis showing no evidence of adenopathy. 2. A groundglass opacity in the right upper lobe appears to have some slow increase in size and density since March 2014 and a slow-growing malignancy such as an adenocarcinoma cannot be excluded. Further pulmonary medicine evaluation regarding this finding is recommended.

Pre-Op Nurse Call

The pre-op nurse, Christine, called me today with the specifics of what I need to do on the day of the bronchoscopy, February 2nd, 2018. Arrive no later than 8:15 AM Procedure will start promptly at 9:45 Bring a photo ID and my insurance card Nothing to eat or drink for eight hours prior to the procedure Yes, that includes water I can rinse my mouth out as much as I want No alcohol at all the day before Shower twice with anti-bacterial soap Thursday night Friday morning Procedure will take 60 - 90 minutes That seems like a long time for this Should be discharged about 1:00 PM Spouse should remain with me the rest of the day She went over some other general stuff, like my current list of meds.  Coincidentally, her husband Mark is a trainer at WE Energies. A week from now I should be home shaking the cobwebs out of my head.